As part of the Kamyschin district, Dreispitz, Galka, Holstein and Dobrinka were in the Lutheran Parish of Galka. Two known pastors were Frederick Dahlinger, an itinerant Baptist pastor, in 1874 and Schneider in 1912. Some of Dreispitz's residents were influenced by the Moravian Brethren from Herrnhut, Saxony, who settled the colony of Sarepta. The Brethren sent missionaries into the German Protestant villages where they gained followers. Many are described as "pietistic protestants" on early passenger lists. This group brought their beliefs with them and established churches for fellow German speakers when they arrived in the United States.
Jacob Ehrlich (1847-1905), was pastor to a group of Brethren in Marion, Kansas, from the time he immigrated in 1876 until his death. They were sometimes called Anabaptists, or those who believed in rebaptism by immersion. At first, the Marion church affiliated with the Mennonite Brethern church, but in 1900 changed to the Baptist church. The Emanuel Baptist Church on Walnut Street still serves Marion residents today. In 1900, fifty members of the early group moved to Shattuck, Oklahoma, and established the Ebeneezer Baptist Church southwest of Shattuck.
Glenn Mueller states that Brunnental, northwest of Dreispitz, was considered a daughter colony of Dreispitz. Some of Glenn's Klein cousins moved back from Siberia to Dreispitz, and some moved later to Balzer.
The Rev. John and June Reehl from Grand Island, Nebraska, spent a year working with Lutheran congregations and prisons in St. Petersburg. They also visited the Volga Villages of Stephan and Dreispitz. John's grandparents left Stephan in 1903 when his father was three years old. His grandfather, George Ruhl, had a brother, Frederick, who was a teacher in Stephan. His grandmother, Mary Katherine Dick came from Dreispitz. His grandparents were married in Omsk, Siberia. Below are photos of Dreispitz, taken by the Reehls in May 2000.
Read here about Driespitz Khutor, an area of farmland leased by several families from Driespitz when they ran out of farmland in the village, in about 1865.
Pictures of the Village of Dreispitz, May 2000, click here